If you are moving house, it helps to use a service that features a full line of removal and packing services. You also want to make sure the company offers temperature-controlled storage. This type of storage is especially important if you wish to store valuables, such as paintings or jewellery. A temperature-controlled environment will keep your items pristine and preserved during the duration of the storage period.
Therefore, you can store items short-term or long-term without worry. Hertfordshire removals services should also provide storage units with fire alarms – another safeguard for your belongings. Normally, a temperature-controlled storage unit features temperatures that range between 13 degrees Celsius and 29 degrees Celsius.
Storage units that are temperature-controlled are also enclosed. Therefore, items are protected from pests, humidity, and dust. In determining your need for this type of storage, you need to ask a few of the following questions:
- Do you have temperature-sensitive items? These items may include collectibles (antiques, paintings, or posters), electronics, books, appliances, heirlooms, CDs, photos, and materials like glass, plastic, leather, or metal.
- Do your items have a high sentimental or monetary worth?
Items Affected by Extreme Temperatures
Normally, items that are affected by temperature extremes are affected as follows:
- Wood will crack, tear, or warp if exposed to extreme levels of heat or cold.
- Paper will yellow and degrade when exposed to extreme climates.
- Mould and mildew will form on fabrics or papers in humidity-friendly environments.
- Corrosion or rust can affect metal that has been exposed to excess moisture.
If you want to prevent these issues, make sure your removal company offers temperature-controlled storage along with fire protection.