With hundreds upon hundreds of various roofing firms operating around the UK nowadays, it seems as though finding a reputable, cost-effective contractor is a nearly impossible task.
Fortunately, we’ve established an intuitive guide to help you vet the local landscape before settling on a final hiring decision.
Step One: Highlight the Firm’s Experience
From the onset, you’ll want to make sure that your roofer of choice can tout a long-standing history within the local community. In this regard, it’s worth mentioning that the highest-rated roofing companies have been around for at least 35 years.
Step Two: Find a One-Stop Shop for All of Your Roofing Needs
The most distinguished Warwickshire roofers are able to perform a wide range of tasks without having to outsource any of the work to a third party:
- Domestic, commercial, and industrial roofing specialties
- Re-roofing, repairs, refurbishments, and top-to-bottom installations
- Guttering, soffits, and fascias
- Tiling and slating services
- General cladding and rainscreen cladding
- Advanced fibreglass implementations and modernised rubber systems
- Protective coating solutions for concrete and waterproof coatings
Step Three: Ensure a Cost-Effective Pricing Matrix
Regardless of whether you’re dealing with a roofing emergency or something a bit less arduous (such as visual dilapidation or sagging gutters), you’ll want to pay attention to some specific money-saving aspects during your research:
- No Scaffolding: Your roofing firm should rely on cherry pickers and lifts as opposed to scaffolds and stages; this will help you save up to 50% on labour costs.
- Insurance Specialty: The best roofers are not only fully licenced and insured but they can also facilitate storm damage assessments and comprehensive insurance quotes as well.
- Free Quotes: In order to provide a tailor-made service, your team of roofers should perform fee-free site visits and provide inclusive written quote This will remove a lot of the sales pressure from the equation.