Many British homes are built using timber, as this natural material is so versatile, and providing it is treated correctly, seasoned wood is the ideal material for a multitude of uses in the average dwelling. Of course, windows and doors would be an obvious choice, and for the past 50 years, softwood has been the choice for many homeowners, while European oak offers timeless style and elegance, and will outlast most timbers. Hardwood is another favourite, and with several species offering durability and looks, your floor can be the perfect platform, or perhaps a decking area adjoining the house. If you like the look of timber, and would like some ideas on home improvement, here are a few possibilities that would enhance the look of any home.
- Timber Garage Doors – Side opening or bi-folding garage doors would definitely add a touch of class to your exterior, and with hand crafted units, there is no limit to design. If, for example, you were looking for wooden garage doors in Wolverhampton, there are quality joiners that specialise in creating unique solutions for homeowners.
- Timber Conservatory – If your windows and doors are timber, why not go that extra mile and have a matching wooden conservatory? Depending on how much space you have, the joiner would discuss your options, with both design and timber selection, and once you are satisfied, the surveyor would take the vital measurements, and within a few weeks, the conservatory would be assembled on the prepared base.
- Timber Decking – This is a popular alternative to the traditional paving, and with so many timber species that are suitable for decking, one can create a unique ambience. Combined with pine garden furniture, and a few awnings, you can create the perfect al fresco dining area for you, your family and friends to enjoy.
- Rustic Fencing – Nothing gives you that country appeal more than rustic fencing, and with matching gating, you have the perfect ranch style look. Slat fencing allows you the seclusion and visibility, and with a wide range of timbers, you can match with your existing timber.
- Wooden French Doors – This completes the look, and with either traditional side opening, or bi-folding units, access is convenient. Toughened safety glass is used as standard nowadays, especially with full length glazed units, and with brass fittings, timber French doors are a unique addition to any residence.
- Exterior Window Shutters – An experienced joiner would be able to design and build exterior window shutters that are both stylish and practical, and they perfectly complement the country home. Hardwood ensures durability, and with quality fixtures and fittings, your shutters will always be operational and are not merely for show.
There are other things one can do with timber around the home, and providing you make contact with a reputable joiner, your options are many. Hand crafted units ensure a perfect fit, and with attention to detail and classy fittings, the new look will be the envy of all your neighbours.